The Grand Commandery
Get inspired by one of the most beautiful castle domains in the Euregio. Once an influential headquarters of the German knighthood. Alden Biesen was in charge of 12 command posts. 800 years later, the knights have disappeared, but their legacy remains fascinating.
As a conference centre, events take place throughout the year. The moated castle
with its English Park and French garden invites you to dream away. Whoever walks here has a postcard view fromevery angle. The standard orchard is the largest public orchard in Western Europe and contains a treasure trove of ancient fruit varieties.
- Picnic on the picturesque boardwalk.
- Admire the lush blossoms in April.
- Wander the English Park.
- Explore the marked trails.
- Experience Bilzen Mysteries, a walk full of fire and stories.
- Get in an electric trolley and traverse rolling Haspengouw.
- Rent an (electric) bike and discover the breathtaking landscape.
- Book a guide. It takes you, for instance, to the famous 18th-century organ.
- Pay a visit to the church. This church is one of the few remaining bed houses of the German knighthood
Be sure to visit the Alden Biesen website for more information.
+32 89 519393